Rooms up to about 150 m2
- 1st board row: Commence application in the room center
- Remaining board rows: Install parallel to 1st row
Rooms exceeding about 150 m2
- 1st board row: Commence application in the room centre
- 2nd board row: transverse to 1st row – commence approx. in room centre
- Remaining ceiling surface: Install after application of 1st and 2nd row
Cleaneo boards with standard/alternating perforation are marked red and blue on the cut edges.
Note: During installation always arrange red board markings to blue board markings (front and long edges).
- Align and fix the reference cord in the middle of the room in the direction of application.
- Align the first board row along the reference cord and fasten the boards.
- Apply further board rows according to the installation scheme on page.
- The joint width is approx. 2 to 4 mm, depending on the perforation pattern.
Check the perforation design
Note: Check overall appearance of the ceiling constantly by alignment via the straights and diagonals of the perforation rows during installation.
Note: Alignment of the perforation, not using the board edge.
Using the installation aid
- Use the board aligner with a suitable perforation spacing to verify the perforation spacings as well as a template for drilling missing perforations (e.g. filled with compound).
Fastening the boards
Caution: A 3 person team is recommended for installation.
Note: Use a cordless drywall electrical screwdriver with adjustable torque settings. Should the torque or the contact pressure be too high, spinning of the bit or rupture of the board edge is possible. Adapt the torque to suit the local conditions and device type.
1. Screw fasten the Cleaneo SK boards using drywall screws SN 3.5 x 30 mm to the metal grid made of CD 60/27 channels. Distance between screw centres 170 mm.
2. Press the boards firmly onto the furring channel grid during screw fastening.
3. Commence fastening in the corner, where the board is already bordering a board on the long and front side.
4. Fasten the long side first and then the front side.
- Board cutter